Friday, April 28, 2006

Weeee... uhm... I mean Wii

Nintendo is redefining the way we cheer when playing videogames. They recently announced the official name for their next-gen console, codenamed Revolution. The new name is ... (drum-rolls)... Wii. Pretty odd if you ask me, to be honest I liked Revolution better, but I guess I'll have to get used to it.

Here is an excerpt from their announcement: "While the code-name "Revolution" expressed our direction, Wii represents the answer.
Wii will break down that wall that seperates video game players from everybody else.
Wii will put people more in touch with theur games... and each other.
But you're probably asking: What does the name mean?
Wii sounds like "we", which emphasizes this console is for everyone." Now try reading that with a straight face :D I guess we'll get more info on the Wii at E3.

No comments: